Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only want better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical cost for specific types of lift chairs. This page has pricing info in addition to retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you should know about lift chairs.
Albany, OR Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These chairs are just as good as chairs that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added plus, there is typically no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for individuals who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average price for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Albany, OR Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift seat later too. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats seldom carry a warranty whereas a brand new one does. It really is recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Albany, OR
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at an assortment of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to find a quality merchandise as nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.