Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just need better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical cost for specific types of lift seats. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to learn which lift seat would be the correct one for you.
Alhambra, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re good for. These recliners are just not as bad as locally purchased seats as delivery is free. As an additional incentive, there is typically no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline amount, even completely level. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest price two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any place. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Alhambra, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift seat later also, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are just great for the first owner apart from that, it is speculative. We recommend people buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Alhambra, CA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as the vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.