Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just need better mobility. These pages will advise you on how much each type of lift chair should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you have to know about lift chairs.
Alpharetta, GA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These recliners are just as good as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an extra bonus, there is normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the average price for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Alpharetta, GA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift chair later too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Besides that, it really is risky as warranties are just good for the first owner. We urge people buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Alpharetta, GA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to find a quality product as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.