- AmeriGlide 581
- infinite Position Lift Chair
- Price: $722.00
- $578.60 below average
- 5/5 stars
- Buy now
Are you interested in the AmeriGlide 581 infinite position lift chair? This article will walk you through the pros and cons of its features, its reviews, its warranty, and its price. It then will rate the chair based upon how it did compared to other lift chairs. If you are interested, continue reading.
About the AmeriGlide 581 lift chair
The AmeriGlide 581 lift chair is an infinite position lift chair that allows the user to independently operate the back and footrest. Both the back and footrest can go into any angle one wishes. This is contrary to a 3 position lift chair where only 3 predefined positions are possible. The lift chair also includes 2 magazine racks and arm and head covers. Here are additional details:
- Max weight capacity of 325 pounds.
- Has a chaise pad.
- 5’4″ to 6′ recommended user height.
- 33″ wide, 19″ floor to seat height, 20″ seat depth, 20″ seat width, 26″ seat width, 23″ required distance from back to wall.
- Has a backup battery.
- No left hand remote control available.
- No massage or heat option.
- No footrest extensions available.
- Not compliant to California bulletin 117 standards for fire retardant fabrics.
- Available in crystal blue, dark jade, chocolate topaz, polished jasper, and dark ruby.
- Can be purchased with an incontinence pad, head pillow, lumbar pillow, extra yard of fabric, left or right side lift table, a stain removal kit, or non-skid leg levelers.
- Requires assembly.
There were 3 reviews found online.
The first review was from Cyco in Albuquerque, NM. She rated the chair 5 out of 5 stars. She is a government worker who bought the chair for her step father. She says that the chair is comfortable and easy to sleep in.
The second review is from Dave in Schenectady, NY. He disliked the chair and rated it 1 out of 5 stars. He found the seat hard and the chair to be uncomfortable. He views himself as stupid for having bought a chair online and does not recommend other to do so. He states that delivery was nice.
The final review comes from GB in Alpharetta, GA. She enjoys the chair and rated it 5 out of 5 stars. He bought the chair to help him take care of his mother. He found the delivery good and the chair to be fitting of their needs.
The AmeriGlide warranty is a 1 year warranty on all parts except the metal scissoring mechanism. It has a limited lifetime warranty.
The 581 costs $722 online. For an infinite position lift chair, this is a good deal as the average price for an infinite position lift chair is over $1,000.
If you are interested in an infinite position lift chair, the 581 is a good choice. It offers all standard features and is at a fair price. The service is good and the chair qualifies for Medicare reimbursement which is somewhere around $250 and $300 depending on your state. We rate this chair 5 out of 5 stars.