Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only want better liberty. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the typical price for certain kinds of lift chairs. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the correct one for you.
Ames, IA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even completely level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there is no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it is not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Ames, IA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Thus, it is better to purchase a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner other than that, it is insecure. We urge individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Ames, IA
Besides being accessible at many different local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to locate a quality product as most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.