Do you desire to buy a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We will coach you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a producer’s guarantee should be. This page finishes with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you wish to not purchase one online.
Anderson, IN Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is due to infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Anderson, IN Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and owning a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift chair after also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats rarely whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It really is recommended that you purchase a brand new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Anderson, IN
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at various local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The vast majority of the things are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.