Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Ann Arbor, MI? This guide will walk you through all you should know in order to be an educated lift seat consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much stuff should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Ann Arbor, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even completely level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The typical price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Ann Arbor, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Therefore, it is better to buy a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a new lift seat? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift seats can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift chairs infrequently carry a guarantee whereas a brand new one does. It’s recommended that you buy a brand new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Ann Arbor, MI
Besides being accessible at a variety of local stores including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. The vast majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality product.