Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture as well as assisting the sitter into the sitting position. These pages will advise you on how much each type of lift chair should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift seat. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We do not work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all. Read on to find out which lift seat would be the appropriate one for you.
Battle Creek, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These chairs are just not as bad as chairs that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added plus, there is usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and that they can go into any place. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these features, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Battle Creek, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Clearly, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift chair afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it is uncertain as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We recommend individuals buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they are contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Battle Creek, MI
Besides being available at a variety of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality merchandise as the majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.