Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only want better independence. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for particular types of lift seats. This page has pricing info along with retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift recliners.
Bolingbrook, IL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These recliners are just as great as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an extra bonus, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even totally flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest price 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Bolingbrook, IL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift seat afterwards also, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are only great for the first owner other than that, it’s uncertain. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Bolingbrook, IL
Besides being accessible at a variety of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. Nearly all the things are American furniture so you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise.