Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Boulder, CO? This guide will walk you through all you must understand in order to be an enlightened lift seat consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much it should cost. This site finishes with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Boulder, CO Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners come in two position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even fully level. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. They also can lie flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Boulder, CO Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift seat later too, if you need it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are just great for the first owner other than that, it’s insecure. We urge individuals buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they are considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Boulder, CO
Besides being available at an assortment of local stores like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as stair lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the majority of the things are American furniture.