Do you desire to purchase a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you must understand in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. This page ends with advice on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Brookhaven, GA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for people who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the cost is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Brookhaven, GA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift seat afterward too, if you need it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner apart from that, it’s insecure. We urge individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Brookhaven, GA
Besides being available at a variety of local shops for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality product.