Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture as well as assisting the sitter into the sitting position. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average price for certain types of lift chairs. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We don’t work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you must understand about lift chairs.
Bryan, TX Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These chairs are just as great as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an extra incentive, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it is not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They can also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Bryan, TX Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift seat afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner other than that, it really is risky. We advocate people buy a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re contemplating an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Bryan, TX
Besides being available at a number of local shops for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to locate a quality product as nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.