Do you want to buy a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you must understand in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much it should cost. We will also educate you on how a producer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Carson, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transportation. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline amount, even completely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the typical cost for a three position lift seat lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Carson, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift seat later too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift seat if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner besides that, it really is risky. We advocate people buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Carson, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to find a quality merchandise as most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.