- Catnapper Somerset 4817
- 2 Position Lift Chair
- Price: $789.00
- $20.00 above average
- 3/5 stars
The Somerset 4817 from Catnapper is a lift chair aimed at individuals who want assistance getting up who have no medical needs. This is because the Somerset is not a medical device. It does have many of the requirements of a Durable Medical Equipment such as battery backup and warranty but it is clearly stated by the manufacturer that all Catnapper lift chairs are not medical equipment. You will not receive Medicare’s reimbursement for this product. This article will discuss the features of the Somerset, its reviews, its price, its warranty, and give the reader a conclusion. Continue reading to find out more.
About the Somerset 4817 lift chairs
The Someset “pow’r lift” lift chair from Catnapper is a 3 position lift chair that can be upholstered in havana, mahogany, and black pearl. It is not sold as a Durable Medical Equipment and does not meet Medicare requirements for a DME so do not buy it if you are hoping to get a Medicare reimbursement. Here are other features of the Somerset:
- 300 pound maximum weight capacity, this is 25 to 75 pounds less than other manufacturers.
- Integrated magazine pocket.
- Steel seat box.
- Comes fully assembled, most other lift chairs require assembly.
- Includes battery backup in case the power goes out.
- Requires two 9v batteries.
- Requires a polarized outlet.
- Fabric composed of 39% polyester, 24% acrylic, 28% polypropylene, and 9% cotton.
- Clean with water based cleaners only.
- Does not fully recline.
- Fabric is fire-retardant.
There were no reviews of the Somerset from Catnapper online.
The chair has a one year warranty for all parts for the original purchaser, except those listed below.
- Five years warranty on the seat cushions.
- Three years warranty on the motor.
- Lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism.
This is above other manufacturer’s warranties, even those whose lift chairs qualify as DME.
The price of the Somerset is anywhere from $650 to $800. There is no MSRP and each reseller can set his/her own price.
The Somerset from Catnapper is a high price piece of furniture. It is not a medical equipment and does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 to $300 lift chair reimbursement. Its warranty is higher than other manufacturer’s yet no reviews can be found online. Take caution if you are considering buy this product as it is relatively untested. Individual can buy a similar lift chair that meets Medicare’s requirements for around $500. In short, do not buy. We rate it 3 out of 5 stars. Buy on Amazon.