Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average price for certain types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We don’t work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to find out which lift recliner would be the appropriate one for you.
Cedar Park, TX Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with free freight transport and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the ottoman. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there is no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that their footrests can be adjusted independently of their back and they can go into any position. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Cedar Park, TX Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair is not that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can also sell the lift seat afterwards too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift chair if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner besides that, it is insecure. We recommend individuals buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Cedar Park, TX
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at many different local shops such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. The majority of the things are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise.