Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture as well as assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only need better independence. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for specific types of lift seats. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We don’t work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the correct one for you.
Charleston, SC Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in two position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even totally level. This is due to infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there’s no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and they can go into any location. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Charleston, SC Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it’s better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you want it for less than 3 months, you can also sell the lift chair after too. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are only great for the first owner besides that, it really is uncertain. We recommend people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Charleston, SC
Besides being available at a variety of local shops like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as the vast majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.