Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average cost for particular types of lift chairs. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We do not work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift chair would be the right one for you.
Chino Hills, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even totally flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is excellent for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest price two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any position. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these features, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Chino Hills, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Consequently, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat than lease one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Apart from that, used lift seats infrequently whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It is recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Chino Hills, CA
Besides being accessible at many different local stores including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift seats. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality product.