Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for certain kinds of lift seats. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We do not work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you must understand about lift seats.
Chula Vista, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Power lift chair recliners come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even entirely level. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is excellent for people who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Chula Vista, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Hence, it is better to purchase a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can just sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats seldom whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It is suggested that you purchase a new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Chula Vista, CA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a number of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality product as most of the things are American furniture.