Do you desire to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift seats, purchasing or renting one, and where to do that. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much stuff should cost. This page ends with tips on where you can buy lift chairs locally, if you want to not purchase one online.
Cincinnati, OH Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it is not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Cincinnati, OH Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift seat afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same price as an used lift chair. Besides that, used lift seats seldom whereas a new one does carry a guarantee. It is strongly recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Cincinnati, OH
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at many different local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality merchandise as the vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.