Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Clovis, CA? This guide will walk you through all you should know in order to be an enlightened lift chair consumer. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Clovis, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. They come with free freight transportation and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The average cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Clovis, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Thus, it’s better to purchase a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for people and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Apart from that, used lift chairs infrequently carry a warranty whereas a brand new one does. It’s recommended that you buy a new entry-level lift seat instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Clovis, CA
Besides being available at many different local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise.