Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only need better mobility. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the typical cost for specific types of lift seats. This page has pricing info as well as retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you must understand about lift seats.
Columbia, SC Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These recliners are just not as bad as locally bought chairs as delivery is free. As an additional bonus, there’s generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the typical cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Their footrest can be transferred independently of their backs because they have two motors. Additionally they can lie flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Columbia, SC Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months, you can also sell the lift chair afterwards too. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are only great for the first owner besides that, it’s high-risk. We advocate people purchase a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Columbia, SC
Besides being available at a variety of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift chairs. Most of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.