Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to assisting the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or just want better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average cost for specific types of lift chairs. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you need to understand about lift recliners.
Compton, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These chairs are just not as bad as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even completely flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there isn’t any point in buying a two position lift chair — it’s not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We usually do not advocate the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Compton, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and buying a lift chair is not that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months you can even sell the lift seat after too. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners commence at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for $500 and people on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats infrequently whereas a brand new one does carry a warranty. It’s recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift chair rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Compton, CA
Besides being available at many different local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to find a quality product as nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.