Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or simply need better mobility. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for particular types of lift seats. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We usually do not work for any lift chair maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you need to know about lift chairs.
Cranston, RI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight transportation. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even entirely flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Cranston, RI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. Therefore, it’s better to purchase a low end elevator seat than lease one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift seat the same price as an used lift seat. Apart from that, used lift seats seldom whereas a fresh one does carry a guarantee. It is recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Cranston, RI
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at a number of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.