Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much it should cost. We will also teach you how a maker’s guarantee should be. This site finishes with information on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you want to not buy one online.
Dallas, TX Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. They come with no sales tax and free freight transportation. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners come in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even completely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the lowest price two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Dallas, TX Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This will not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Thus, it’s better to buy a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. Besides that, it really is risky as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We urge people buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they are contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Dallas, TX
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at a variety of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift seats. Most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise.