Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or merely desire better freedom. These pages will educate you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We’re independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift seat would be the right one for you.
Denver, CO Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even fully flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Denver, CO Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift seat after also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner apart from that, it is speculative. We urge people buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they are considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Denver, CO
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise as most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.