Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a handicap, or only need better independence. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the typical price for particular types of lift seats. This page has pricing info in addition to retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Continue reading to find all you should know about lift chairs.
Dubuque, IA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to spend less, there is absolutely no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Dubuque, IA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This does not include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Thus, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than lease one. One can simply sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a brand new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift chairs seldom carry a warranty whereas a brand new one does. It truly is recommended that you buy a brand new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Dubuque, IA
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at a variety of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality product as the majority of the items are American furniture.