Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? These pages will advise you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the right one for you.
Evanston, IL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are equally as great as chairs that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Power lift chair recliners are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline amount, even completely flat. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for individuals who’ve poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the average cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and they can go into any place. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Evanston, IL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift chair after too. Below are retailers, some of which you can let a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a new lift seat? Used lift chair recliners commence at $250. New lift seats can be bought for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same price as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift chairs seldom carry a guarantee whereas a new one does. It is suggested that you buy a new entry level lift seat instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Evanston, IL
Besides being accessible at a number of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. Most of the things are American furniture so you’re sure to find a quality merchandise.