Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Farmington Hills, MI? This guide will walk you through all you need to know in order to be an informed lift seat consumer. We will teach you how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a manufacturer’s guarantee should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Farmington Hills, MI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even fully level. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Their footrest can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat to be used as a bed. The average price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Farmington Hills, MI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift chair later also. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner other than that, it’s risky. We advocate individuals buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Farmington Hills, MI
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices like wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. The majority of the items are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality product.