Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Fayetteville, AR? This guide will walk you through all you have to know in order to be an educated lift seat consumer. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. This page finishes with advice on where you can purchase lift chairs locally, if you wish to not buy one online.
Fayetteville, AR Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there’s normally no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for individuals that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there isn’t any point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We do not recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be adjusted independently of their back and they can go into any place. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fayetteville, AR Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair and owning a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift seat afterward too, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner besides that, it is risky. We urge individuals purchase a new entry level lift chair recliner if they may be contemplating an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fayetteville, AR
Besides being available at many different local stores such as Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find new and used lift seats. Most of the items are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality product.