Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. This page will educate you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift chair. It’ll also tell you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We do not work for any lift recliner manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to figure out which lift recliner would be the appropriate one for you.
Fayetteville, NC Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. They come with no sales tax and free freight shipping. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs available on the market and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there is absolutely no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it isn’t a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uncomfortable. We do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be adjusted independently of their back and that they can go into any place. They can also lye totally flat. If one wants to have these characteristics, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fayetteville, NC Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift seat for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift chair after too, if you desire it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy n used one or a brand new lift seat? Lift chair recliners that are used commence at $250. New lift chairs can be bought for individuals and $500 on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift chairs rarely whereas a new one does carry a warranty. It is strongly recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift chair rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fayetteville, NC
Besides being accessible at a number of local stores for example Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.