Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? This page will advise you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift seat. This page has pricing information along with retailer locations. We usually do not work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift seat would be the appropriate one for you.
Fishers, IN Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re good for. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in attributes and have no actual savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift seat lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We usually do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fishers, IN Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift chair afterwards also, if you want it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift seats are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one does not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner besides that, it is risky. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fishers, IN
Besides being accessible at various local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. The majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise.