Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Fort Smith, AR? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Fort Smith, AR Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chairs and who they’re good for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to save money, there is no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it is not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fort Smith, AR Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Thus, it is better to purchase a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can simply sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be excellent if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner apart from that, it’s high-risk. We urge individuals purchase a new entry level lift chair recliner if they are considering an used elevator chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fort Smith, AR
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at many different local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment rental mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re certain to discover a quality merchandise as nearly all the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.