Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just desire better freedom. These pages will advise you on how much each type of lift recliner should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We usually do not work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all. Read on to figure out which lift seat would be the appropriate one for you.
Fort Wayne, IN Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chairs are available in two position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even totally flat. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero-Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you’re looking to spend less, there is no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it isn’t a great purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge midrange ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye completely flat. If one wants to have these features, the cost is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fort Wayne, IN Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months, you may also sell the lift seat afterwards also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in buying an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner other than that, it’s risky. We urge people purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they are contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fort Wayne, IN
Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift seats. The majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise.