Electric powered lift chairs are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or simply want better independence. This page will tell you how much you should pay for a lift chair based upon the average price for specific kinds of lift seats. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We do not work for any lift recliner maker and are biased against all. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift chairs.
Fullerton, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re good for. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there’s no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any position and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the price is then warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Fullerton, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it will cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Obviously, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months, you can even sell the lift chair afterwards too. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it really is risky as warranties are only good for the first owner. We advocate people buy a new entry level lift chair recliner if they’re considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about the best way to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Fullerton, CA
Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at an assortment of local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as most of the things are American furniture.