Do you desire to buy a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, purchasing or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. We will also educate you on how a producer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Gainesville, FL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally purchased seats as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Lift chairs are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline degree, even entirely flat. This is because of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. Should you be looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Gainesville, FL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Obviously, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months, you can also sell the lift seat later too. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners commence at $250. New lift seats can be purchased on Medicare part B for people and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift seats rarely carry a guarantee whereas a brand new one does. It really is recommended that you buy a new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Gainesville, FL
Besides being available at various local stores like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including pool lifts, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment rental mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise as most of the things are American furniture.