Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Gaithersburg, MD? This guide will walk you through all you have to understand in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much stuff should cost. We will also educate you on how a maker’s warranty should be. This page finishes with information on where you can buy lift chairs locally, if you wish to not buy one online.
Gaithersburg, MD Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the ottoman. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and footrest and the back can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for individuals who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there is no point in buying a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an infinite position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the typical price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Gaithersburg, MD Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you lease a lift seat or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to purchase a low end elevator chair than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As guarantees are only good for the first owner besides that, it’s insecure. We urge individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they are considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Gaithersburg, MD
Besides being accessible at various local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the vast majority of the items are American furniture.