Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Garden Grove, CA? This guide will walk you through all you have to understand in order to be an informed lift chair consumer. We’ll teach you how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. This site finishes with tips on where you can buy lift chairs locally, if you wish to not purchase one online.
Garden Grove, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These recliners are just not as bad as seats that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an added bonus, there is normally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners come in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners can go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even entirely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average price for a three position lift seat lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Their footrest can be moved independently of their backs because they have two motors. In addition they can lie flat for use as a bed. The average cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, fairly higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Garden Grove, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat rather than paying a monthly lease if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You can even sell the lift seat afterwards also, if it is needed by you for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are usually around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are just good for the first owner besides that, it is uncertain. We advocate people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they are contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is usually not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Garden Grove, CA
Besides being available at a variety of local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as medical equipment lease mobility scooters, electrical scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to find a quality merchandise as most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture.