Power lift recliners are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. This page will inform you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift chair. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can buy them. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to figure out which lift chair would be the appropriate one for you.
Glendale, AZ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These chairs are just as great as chairs that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position lift chairs are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting position. Three position lift chairs can go into a 45 and 15 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline amount, even entirely flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chairs is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to save money, there is no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the cost is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Glendale, AZ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat lease. Obviously, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift seat later also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift chair from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase a brand new lift chair or a used one? Lift chair recliners that are used begin at $250. New lift seats can be purchased for $500 and individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same price as an used lift chair. Other than that, used lift chairs infrequently carry a guarantee whereas a fresh one does. It is recommended that you purchase a new entry-level lift chair rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Glendale, AZ
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at a number of local shops like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift chairs. So you’re certain to find a quality product as nearly all the things are American furniture.