Power lift recliners are recliners that help the sitter into the standing position as well as helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only desire better freedom. These pages will inform you on how much each type of lift recliner should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift seat. This page has pricing info in addition to retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to find out which lift chair would be the correct one for you.
Grapevine, TX Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no real savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are generally not comfortable. We usually do not recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift seats in that their ottomans can be adjusted independently of their back and that they can go into any position. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Grapevine, TX Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift chair? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Consequently, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than lease one. One can just sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on Ebay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in buying an used lift chair. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Apart from that, it really is insecure as guarantees are just good for the first owner. We recommend individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they may be considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism inside their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is generally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Grapevine, TX
Besides being accessible at a variety of local stores for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is also a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise.