Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Hesperia, CA? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll understand how much stuff should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a manufacturer’s guarantee should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift seat and medical mobility equipment.
Hesperia, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transportation. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Power lift chair recliners are available in 2 position, 3 position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners are able to go into a 15 degree recline and the sitting posture. Three position lift chair recliners can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline and the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline level, even totally flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no real savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The average cost for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Hesperia, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between renting a lift chair recliner and buying a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it’ll cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Obviously, it is better to buy a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly rental if you’ll need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift seat later too. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to rent a lift chair from if you need a lift seat for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a new lift chair recliner or a used one? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for individuals and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Apart from that, used lift chairs rarely carry a warranty whereas a brand new one does. It’s recommended that you buy a new entry level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Hesperia, CA
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to find a quality product as nearly all the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.