Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or just need better liberty. This site will inform you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift recliner. This page has pricing info along with retailer locations. We are independent and present the facts as it is. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the right one for you.
Homestead, FL Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. They come with no sales tax and free freight transport. Locally purchase recliners will have sales tax added to their cost.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair — it isn’t a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually not comfortable. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in that their footrests can be moved independently of their back and that they can go into any location. They can also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Homestead, FL Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. Three-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it will cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair rental. Clearly, it is better to purchase a low end lift chair instead of paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. You may also sell the lift chair afterward too, if you desire it for less than 3 months. Below are retailers, some of which you can lease a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for several weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are normally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation in purchasing an used lift seat. The savings can be great if one purchases an used leather lift chair for $250. Other than that, it’s insecure as warranties are only good for the first owner. We advocate individuals buy a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they may be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is usually not covered at all. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Homestead, FL
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local stores like Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as pool lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and medical equipment lease mobility scooters. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. Most of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality product.