Are you contemplating a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a customer? They’re perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or simply desire better independence. This site will inform you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your town, how much upgrades should cost, and where to buy a lift chair. It’ll also inform you how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We don’t work for any lift chair manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Continue reading to find all you should understand about lift recliners.
Huntington Beach, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chair recliners. These recliners are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an extra plus, there is typically no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can move independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero-Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there is no point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs can be bought for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do recommend mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these features, the price is subsequently warranted.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Huntington Beach, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical cost is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. Hence, it is better to buy a low end lift seat than lease one. One can just sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can buy used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in buying an used lift chair if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Apart from that, it’s high-risk as guarantees are only good for the first owner. We urge people buy a new entry level lift seat recliner if they are contemplating an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Normally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Huntington Beach, CA
Besides being accessible at various local shops including Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electric scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift seats. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the majority of the items are American furniture.