Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? They are perfect for individuals with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only desire better freedom. This page will let you know how much you should pay for a lift seat based upon the average cost for specific kinds of lift chairs. This page has pricing information in addition to retailer locations. We usually do not work for any lift seat manufacturer and are biased against all of them. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the right one for you.
Idaho Falls, ID Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These chairs are just not as bad as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there’s normally no sales tax with on-line lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three essential types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the footrest. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position (and hence are called ‘infinite position”) and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is because of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is great for people who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
2 position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The typical price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is lower than the typical cost for a three position lift chair but the lowest cost 2 position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are usually uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest price infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid-range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift seats in they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be transferred independently of their back. They are able to also lye totally flat. If one wishes to have these attributes, the price is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Idaho Falls, ID Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair is not that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free shipping. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it’s better to buy a low end lift seat instead of paying a monthly rental if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you need it for less than 3 months you can also sell the lift seat afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to let a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift chairs that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift chair if one doesn’t qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. Other than that, it really is speculative as warranties are only good for the first owner. We advocate people purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they are considering an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Idaho Falls, ID
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being accessible at various local stores such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices such as wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re certain to locate a quality merchandise as the majority of the things are American furniture.