Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? This guide will walk you through all you need to know in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much it should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Independence, MO Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended lift chairs. These recliners are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can not be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the ottoman. Infinite position power lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. If you’re looking to save money, there isn’t any point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it’s not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Independence, MO Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you rent a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This will not include set up fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Hence, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can just sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a brand new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for $500 and individuals can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift seat the same cost as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats infrequently carry a warranty whereas a new one does. It is strongly recommended that you purchase a brand new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity conditions. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some discretionary items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Independence, MO
Besides being accessible at an assortment of local shops such as Franklin, Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good place to find used and new lift seats. Most of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality product.