Are you interested in purchasing a lift chair recliner in Inglewood, CA? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We’ll educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. This page ends with information on where you can buy lift chairs locally, if you wish to not buy one online.
Inglewood, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. These chairs are equally as good as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there is generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any position and footrest and the back can proceed independently. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join pressure, the Zero-Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in features and have no actual savings. The average price for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest price two position although the typical cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest cost three position lift chair. We urge you buy a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uneasy. We don’t recommend the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do advocate mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an advantage over three position lift chairs in that they can go into any place and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They are able to also lye entirely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the cost is then justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Inglewood, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you let a lift chair or purchase one? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The typical price is $110/week. This doesn’t include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair price as low as $250. Consequently, it’s better to purchase a low end lift chair than lease one. One can just sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E-bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Lift seats that are used are generally around $250 or more. The lowest price 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement in purchasing an used lift chair. The savings can be great if one buys an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just good for the first owner other than that, it really is risky. We urge individuals purchase a new entry level lift seat recliner if they’re contemplating an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those individuals can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about getting the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is normally not covered at all. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the original purchaser and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Below are some optional items that one can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Inglewood, CA
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being available at an assortment of local shops including Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices for example wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. The majority of the items are American furniture so you’re certain to find a quality product.