Lift chairs are recliners that assist the sitter into the standing posture in addition to helping the sitter into the sitting position. They are perfect for people with bad hips, knees, a disability, or only desire better freedom. This page will inform you on how much each kind of lift seat should cost locally, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift seat. This page has pricing information as well as retailer locations. We do not work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all. Read on to learn which lift recliner would be the appropriate one for you.
Jacksonville, NC Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our preferred lift chair recliners and who they’re great for. These chairs are just not as bad as chairs that are locally bought as delivery is free. As an extra plus, there’s usually no sales tax with online lift chair purchases. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
Power lift chair recliners come in two position, three position, and infinite position types. Two position power lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any recline degree, even fully level. This is as a result of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for 2 position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few 2 position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest priced two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. Should you be looking to spend less, there isn’t any point in buying a two position lift chair — it isn’t a good value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a full range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be transferred independently of their backs. In addition they can lie flat for use as a bed. The typical price for an unlimited position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the average price 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Jacksonville, NC Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or lease a lift seat? The lowest price for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This does not include setup fees. The lowest cost for a lift chair recliner is $500. People on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat cost as low as $250. Therefore, it is better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can only sell it afterwards and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and craigslist.org but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are normally around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there’s some savings in purchasing an used lift chair if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 compensation. The savings can be amazing if one buys an used leather lift chair for $250. As warranties are only great for the first owner apart from that, it is speculative. We recommend individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift chair recliner if they can be considering an used elevator seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Jacksonville, NC
Besides being available at an assortment of local shops such as Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices for example stair lifts, electric scooters, wheelchairs, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find new and used lift chairs. So you’re sure to discover a quality merchandise as the vast majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.