Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Jersey, NJ? Read on as we’ll educate you about lift seats, buying or renting one, and where to do that. We will educate you on how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also educate you on how a manufacturer’s warranty should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Jersey, NJ Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chairs and who they’re great for. These chairs are just not as bad as locally bought seats as delivery is free. As an extra incentive, there’s generally no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic kinds of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. Two position lift chairs can go into the sitting posture and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back cannot be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can move independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress, the Zero Gravity position is great for people who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg position is excellent for people that have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The mean cost for two position lift chair recliners is $769. There are comparatively few two position lift chairs in the marketplace and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. In case you are looking to save money, there’s no point in buying a two position lift chair — it is not a great value.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
The mean cost for an infinite position lift chairs recliner is $1,300. Infinite position lift chairs recliners can be purchased for as low as $700, but those models are generally uncomfortable. We do not advocate the lowest tier infinite position lift chairs but do urge mid range ones. Infinite position lift chairs have an edge over three position lift chairs in they can go into any location and that their ottomans can be moved independently of their back. They can also lye completely flat. If one wishes to have these characteristics, the price is subsequently justified.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Jersey, NJ Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you considering renting a lift chair? The cost difference between buying a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare compensation, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transport. The lowest price for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift chair lease. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift chair for more than 3 months. If it is needed by you for less than 3 months you may also sell the lift seat afterward also. Below are retailers, some of which you can rent a lift seat from if you need a lift chair for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a new lift chair? Used lift chair recliners start at $250. New lift seats can be bought on Medicare part B for people and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a brand new lift chair the same price as an used lift seat. Besides that, used lift seats infrequently carry a guarantee whereas a fresh one does. It’s recommended that you purchase a new entry level lift chair instead of an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and fulfill Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the price of the lifting mechanism in their own lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is normally not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year warranty. This usually only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are some optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Jersey, NJ
Lift Seats can be bought at the following local retailers besides being available at an assortment of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices like wheelchairs, electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift seats. The majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re sure to discover a quality product.