Do you need to purchase a lift chair recliner? Read on as we’ll teach you about lift chairs, buying or renting one, and where to do so. We go over price and add ons so you’ll know how much stuff should cost. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Jonesboro, AR Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Here are our favorite lift chair recliners and who they’re good for. They come with free freight shipping and no sales tax. Locally purchase chairs will have sales tax added to their price.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three fundamental types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They only have these two preset positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. Three position lift chair recliners can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move independently from the footrest. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join stress. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
The average cost for two position lift chairs is $769. There are relatively few 2 position lift chairs out there and the lowest two position lift chair costs more than the lowest price 3 position lift chair. If you are looking to spend less, there is no point in purchasing a 2 position lift chair — it is not a good purchase.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. In addition they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical price for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the typical price 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Jonesboro, AR Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or let a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month. The average price is $110/week. This will not include setup fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift chair rebate, making their lift chair cost as low as $250. Hence, it is better to buy a low end elevator seat than rent one. One can only sell it later and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
One can purchase used lift chair recliners on E bay and Craigslist but, is it worth it? Used lift chairs are typically around $250 or more. The lowest cost 3-position lift chair is $500 so there is some savings in buying an used lift seat if one will not qualify for Medicare’s $250 reimbursement. The savings can be excellent if one purchases an used leather lift seat for $250. As guarantees are just great for the first owner apart from that, it really is high-risk. We recommend individuals purchase a brand new entry level lift seat recliner if they can be considering an used lift chair.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and satisfy Medicare’s medical necessity requirement. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism in their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each company, in brief. Typically the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Fabric is typically not covered. Everything else gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This normally only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair recliner purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Jonesboro, AR
Besides being accessible at various local stores like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices such as electric scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find used and new lift chairs. Most of the items are American furniture so you’re sure to locate a quality merchandise.