Are you considering a power lift chair recliner for yourself, a loved one, or a client? These pages will educate you on how much each kind of lift chair should cost in your area, how much upgrades should cost, and where to purchase a lift recliner. It’ll also let you know how much upgrades should cost as well as where you can purchase them. We usually do not work for any lift seat maker and are biased against all of them. Read on to learn which lift seat would be the correct one for you.
La Crosse, WI Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These chairs are just as good as locally purchased chairs as delivery is free. As an added incentive, there’s usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are on-line. Click on one of the listings to view more details.
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Prices
Power lift chair recliners come in two position, three position, and infinite position types. 2 position power lift chair recliners are able to go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. Three position lift chairs can go into a 15 and 45 degree recline in addition to the sitting position. Infinite position lift chair recliners can go into any recline level, even fully flat. This is on account of infinite position lift chairs recliners having dual motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero-Gravity position is excellent for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are restricted in attributes and have no actual savings. The typical cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the lowest cost two position although the average cost for a three position lift chair lift chair costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift chair if you’re thinking about buying a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of motion. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. They also can lie completely flat for use as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, rather higher than the average cost 3-position lift seat but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – La Crosse, WI Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Should you purchase one or rent a lift seat? The lowest cost for a lift chair rental is $85/month. The average cost is $110/week. This doesn’t include set up fees. The lowest price for a lift chair recliner is $500. Individuals on Medicare part B can qualify for a $250 lift seat rebate, making their lift seat price as low as $250. Hence, it’s better to purchase a low end lift seat than rent one. One can simply sell it after and pay much less than $85/month.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you purchase n used one or a new lift seat? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift chairs can be purchased on Medicare part B for people and $500 can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same price as an used lift chair. Apart from that, used lift seats rarely carry a warranty whereas a new one does. It is strongly recommended that you buy a brand new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for individuals who are on Medicare part B and meet Medicare’s medical necessity condition. Those people can have the cost of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair compensated by Medicare. Read about how to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Usually the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is generally not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year warranty. This generally only applies to the first owner and in residential use.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few discretionary items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in La Crosse, WI
Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers besides being accessible at various local stores like Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy. Some also sell other mobility devices including wheelchairs, electrical scooters, medical equipment rental mobility scooters, stair lifts, bed lifts, elevator, and pool lifts. Craigslist is also a good place to find new and used lift seats. The vast majority of the things sold via these retailers are American furniture so you’re certain to locate a quality product.