Are you interested in buying a lift chair recliner in Lakewood, CA? This guide will walk you through all you have to understand in order to be an educated lift chair consumer. We will teach you how much you can expect to pay as well as how much extras should cost. We’ll also teach you how a manufacturer’s guarantee should be. At the bottom of this page are local retailers for lift chair and medical mobility equipment.
Lakewood, CA Power Lift Chair Recliner Reviews and Ratings
Below is our recommended power lift chairs. These chairs are equally as good as seats that are locally purchased as delivery is free. As an extra incentive, there is usually no sales tax with lift chair purchases that are online. Check them out for yourself.
at a fair price
Types of Lift Chairs and Their Costs
There are three basic types of lift chairs: 2-position lift chairs, 3-position lift chairs, and infinite position lift chairs. 2 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position and a 15 degree recline. They just have these two pre-set positions and the back can’t be moved independently from the foot rest. 3 position lift chairs can go into the sitting position, a 15 degree recline, and a 45 degree recline. The back can not move alone from the ottoman. Infinite position lift chairs can go into any position and the back and footrest can proceed independently. This is due to infinite position lift chairs having two motors. Some lift chairs can go into the Zero Gravity position, a position created by NASA to reduce join anxiety, the Zero Gravity position is great for individuals who experience joint pain. Some can go into the Trendelenburg position, where the feet are above the heart, the Trendelenburg location is great for individuals who have poor circulation.
Two Position Lift Chair Cost – Medical Recliner Chairs
Two position lift chairs are limited in features and have no actual savings. The average cost for a two position lift chair is $769 which is less than the typical price for a three position lift chair but the lowest price two position lift seat costs more than the lowest price three position lift chair. We recommend you purchase a three position lift seat if you’re thinking about purchasing a two position lift chair — there’s no point in purchasing a two position lift chair.
Three Position Medical Lift Chair Cost
The average cost for three position lift chairs is $1,063. The lowest price three position lift chair is around $500. This is a bargain as Medicare can reimburse individuals $250 for a chair’s lifting mechanism. That means an individual can own a three position lift chair for about $250. This includes free freight shipping if you are purchasing it online. We highly recommend three position lift chairs for their value.
Three position lift chairs are a great value and have a wide variety of options. They cost as low as $500. Their average price is $1,063. Some cost almost $2,000 for individuals who want a luxury lift chair. We strongly recommend three position lift chairs. They have a better recliner experience than two position lift chairs and are reasonably priced.
Infinite Position Lift Chair Cost
An infinite position lift chair has a complete range of movement. Because they have two motors, their ottomans can be moved independently of their backs. Additionally they can lie completely flat to be used as a bed. The typical cost for an endless position lift chair is $1,300, quite higher than the typical cost 3-position lift chair but there are units as low as $700.
Rent a Medical Recliner Lift Chair – Lakewood, CA Medical Lift Chair Rentals
Are you contemplating renting a lift chair? The price difference between owning a lift chair and renting a lift chair isn’t that much. 3-position lift chairs start out at $500 and, with a $250 medicare reimbursement, it is going to cost about $250. This includes free transportation. The lowest cost for a lift chair lease is $85/month plus a delivery fee. Some places charge as much as $110/week for a lift seat rental. Clearly, it is better to buy a low end lift chair rather than paying a monthly lease if you will need a lift seat for more than 3 months. If you desire it for less than 3 months, you can even sell the lift chair afterward too. Below are retailers, some of which you are able to lease a lift seat from if you need a lift seat for a few weeks.
Buy a Lift Chair or Buy a Used Lift Chair Recliner?
Should you buy a brand new lift chair or a used one? Used lift chair recliners begin at $250. New lift seats can be purchased on Medicare part B for $500 and people can qualify for a $250 rebate, making a new lift chair the same cost as an used lift seat. Other than that, used lift seats rarely carry a guarantee whereas a new one does. It really is recommended that you buy a new entry-level lift seat rather than an used lift seat.
Lift Chairs’ Coverage by Medicare
Medicare has a rebate of $250 to $300 for people who are on Medicare part B and match the medical necessity requirements. Those individuals can have the price of the lifting mechanism within their lift chair recliner compensated by Medicare. Read about ways to get the Medicare lift chair recliner rebate here.
Lift Chair Warranty
Below are the warranties for each lift chair manufacturer, in brief. Generally the frame, lifting and reclining mechanism is covered for a lifetime. Upholstery is typically not covered. Everything gets at least a 1 year guarantee. This usually only applies to the original purchaser.
- Nex[Idea] – lifetime warranty on the lifting mechanism and wood frame. 6 months warranty on the fabric and 2 years warranty on the motor and remote control.
- AmeriGlide – 1 year in home labor and parts warranty.
- Catnapper – lifetime warranty on the reclining mechanism and frame. 5 year warranty on seat cushions, 3 year warranty on motor, and 1 year warranty on everything else besides fabric. Labor, packaging, and shipping is only covered in first year.
- Comfort Chair Company – frame, lift mechanism, and electronics are covered for a lifetime.
- Franklin Furniture – reclining mechanism, metal parts, and frame are covered for a lifetime. Everything else is one year besides upholstery.
- Golden Technologies – For most parts, 7 year warranty with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5% respectively. Lifting mechanism, frame, and reclining mechanism are covered for a lifetime with subsidized labor for the first 3 years.
- Med-Lift – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, lifting mechanism, and scissoring hardware. Everything else is a 4 year warranty.
- Mega Motion – lifetime warranty on the lift mechanism. 1 year on motor, remote control, scissoring mechanism, and control box.
- Pride Mobility – lifetime warranty on lifting mechanism, reclining mechanism, and frame. 7 year warranty on motor, hand control unit, and control box with year 5-7 prorated at 25%, 15%, and 5%.
- Ultra Comfort – For most models, lifetime warranty on frame, recline bar, and scissor mechanism. 7 year warranty on parts with years 4-7 prorated at 35%, 25%, 15%, and 5%. 3 years of mechanical labor and 1 year of electrical labor is covered.
- Windermere – lifetime warranty on lift mechanism. 1 year warranty on motor, remote, scissor mechanism, and control boxes.
- La-z-boy – lifetime warranty on frame. 3 year warranty on recline mechanism, lift mechanism, motor, and electronics. 1 year of labor covered.
Optional Power Lift Chair Purchases and Accessories
Here are a few optional items that you can add to a lift chair purchase.
- White glove delivery – the driver will bring the chair into your home and assemble it for you.
- Heat and massage – some units have optional heat and massage. They cost from as little as $79 to $200 extra.
- Chaise pad – sometimes built in other time costing $69.
- Footrest extension – great for tall individuals.
- Back and head pillow – optional on some models.
- Lift Table – a table to place stuff on that gets out of the way when needed.
- Slip Covers – slip covers for lift chair recliners.
Lift Chair Retailers and Medical Supplies Directory – Where to Buy Lift Chairs in Lakewood, CA
Besides being available at a number of local shops for example Costco, Walgreens, Art Van Furniture, Franklin, Value City Furniture, Sam’s Club, and Lazy Boy, Lift Chairs can be purchased at the following local retailers. Some also sell other mobility devices including electrical scooters, medical equipment lease mobility scooters, wheelchairs, stair lifts, bed lifts, lift, and pool lifts. Craigslist is additionally a good area to find used and new lift seats. So you’re sure to find a quality product as the majority of the items sold via these retailers are American furniture.